The County Clerk’s office maintains all vital records of Oceana County residents including death records.
Death Certificate Fees
First copy – $15.00
Additional copy of the same record – $5.00
How to Request a Death Certificate
- Complete the Contact form on the right side of the page. In the comment section, please include the full name of the person on the record and their date of death. We have records for those that passed away in Oceana County. It is also helpful if you include the address that you would like the certificate sent to.
- Payment can be made by going to the Clerk home page and clicking PAY FOR VITAL RECORDS.
- Complete the Vital Records Request Form*. To save time, you may print out and complete it prior to coming in.
- Payment must be made in the form of cash, debit/credit card, check or money order.
- Include a completed Vital Records Request Form* or a letter may be written. The letter would need to contain the decedent’s full name and the date and place of death. It is also helpful if you include the address that you would like the certificate sent to in the letter.
- Payment must be made in the form of cash, check or money order.
- Mail requests are processed in 1-2 business days.
- Send mail requests to:
Oceana County Clerk
100 State St., Suite 1
Hart, MI 49420
*You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these forms. This link will allow you to download a free copy of the program.
Contact the County ClerkStaff
Amy L. Anderson County Clerk
Melanie A. Coon Chief Deputy Clerk
Kristina Linley Vital Records and Accounts Receivable Clerk
Arlene LaDoux Deputy Clerk