Under the supervision of the County Administrator, the Oceana County Information Technology (IT) Department is responsible for coordinating all activities involving technology for the County. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Maintains and administers the County’s network and related computing environments; including hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Develops strategic plans, determines system requirements, and evaluates alternatives.
- Develops and manages the department budget while determining cost-effective solutions for the implementation of new technologies.
The IT Department provides the following services:
- Asset Management
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Contractual Service Liaison
- Helpdesk Support
- Network Management
- On-site Support
- Server Management
- Software Support
- Technology Acquisition
- Voice Services
The Oceana County Information Technology Department will provide technical leadership and strategic planning to ensure the effective management and implementation of all County information technology operations and services. We will partner with all personnel to provide an ongoing improvement of services to the citizens of Oceana County.
- Improve the overall usefulness of the County website.
- Develop a comprehensive technology plan to guide the County’s future investments in current and emerging technologies that strengthen our ability to meet the changing demands of internal and external stakeholders.
- Enhance ability to provide effective and timely customer service.
- Establish and implement Information Technology governance consistent with industry standards and best practices guiding the creation of policies and procedures for Oceana County Government.
- Effectively manage, maintain, and control IT assets and resources within the County.
- Provide and facilitate a secure computing environment that allows access and use of IT resources in Oceana County.
- Create and manage business continuity through effective disaster preparedness and recovery procedures.
- Design, implement, and manage a robust, reliable, and adaptable technical environment.
Contact Information TechnologyStaff
Amy Contreras IT Coordinator / Network Administrator
Oceana County Building
100 S. State Street
Hart, MI 49420