Under the general direction of the County Administrator, the Equalization Department is operated and staffed under contract with V&V Assessing, LLC. Edward K. VanderVries is the CEO. The department carries out the statutory duties of County Equalization by conducting Sales and/or Appraisal studies in each classification of property among the various taxing jurisdictions within Oceana County.
The department is responsible for the maintenance of the assessment and tax rolls and all other tax-related data for all units of government. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensures that mileages and tax levies are reduced when mandated by the Headlee Amendment.
- Provides customer services by explaining departmental procedures, tax laws, and the assessment process to the public.
- Provides information on property ownership, property descriptions, and assessments.
- Prepares and files all required reports with the State Tax Commission and other units of government.
- Issuance and verification of permanent addresses for all municipalities except Hart City and the villages of Pentwater, Hesperia, New Era, Shelby, and Walkerville.
Detailed Assessment Record Card
Detailed assessment record card information should be obtained from the local assessor in each Township and City.
Property Search Information
A graphical interface property search with map viewing is available at with Oceana County’s GIS Interactive Map.
These maps and aerials are also available through the Equalization Department Office. Currently, the fee schedule is being updated so please check back again soon. Click here to download a PDF sample map.
Michigan’s Open Data Portal
View and analyze data provided by a variety of Michigan state agencies in one free easy-to-view catalog. Create charts and graphs, filter and summarize data, and develop maps with the open data. View Michigan’s Open Data Portal
Kathryn Wright Deputy Director / Appraiser (231) 873-6732
Anna Malmquist Clerk / Assessment Roll Technician (231) 873-6731
Vicky Warner Clerk / Assessment Roll Technician (231) 873-6732
Nick Siegel Appraiser (231) 873-6732
Julie Jackson Clerk / Assessment Roll Technician (231) 873-6731
Lori Hogston Clerk / Assessment Roll Technician (231) 873-6731
Main Phone: (231) 873-4609
Oceana County Building
100 S. State Street, Suite L-12
Hart, MI 49420