Veterans Forms

DD214 Service Discharge Form

A DD214 or Report of Separation (service discharge) identifying the veteran’s condition of discharge is available at the Oceana County Clerk’s Office for the fees listed below.

  • First copy to veteran – Free
  • Additional copy (per page) – $1.00

If your DD214 was never filed with our office, please visit the National Personnel Records Center to obtain your record.

Veterans Burial Claims

To learn more about the procedure for filing a claim for a veterans burial allowance from Oceana County, please download and complete the following form. Once completed, the form can be submitted along with a death certificate and DD214 to:

Oceana County Department of Veterans Affairs
844 S. Griswold Street
Suite 100
Hart, MI 49420

Please contact Veterans Affairs with questions at (231) 873-6836.

Veterans Burial Claim Form

Contact the County Clerk


Amy L. Anderson County Clerk

Melanie A. Coon Chief Deputy Clerk

Kristina Linley Vital Records and Accounts Receivable Clerk

Arlene LaDoux Deputy Clerk

Main Phone: (231) 873-4328


Address Oceana County Building
100 S. State Street, Suite M-1
Hart, MI 49420

Hours Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Contact Us