Please Note: All fingerprinting is done by appointment only.
We no longer offer “ink cards”. If the entity requesting the prints sends you with “ink cards,” inquire with them ahead of time if “Livescan” prints will meet their needs.
Court Ordered/Criminal Fingerprinting
If you have been court ordered to have your fingerprints taken after your court date, you must do the following:
- Schedule a time & date with the County Clerk. Due to COVID-19 we will not take walk-in fingerprint requests. It is your obligation to have these completed within the parameters of the Court.
- You must bring your court paperwork with you when you have your prints taken.
- You must fill out a COVID19 PreBooking Questionnaire (PDF) prior to your finger prints.
- You must have your $37.00 processing fee at the time of your prints. Exact change only.
Fingerprinting for Non-Criminal Reasons
Anyone needing fingerprinting for a Concealed Pistol License (CPL), employment requirements, liquor licensing, immigration, banking, or other purposes not relating to criminal reasons, will need to schedule an appointment with the Oceana County Clerk. To do so, please call (231) 873-2121.
The Oceana County Sheriff’s Office offers fingerprints for non-criminal reasons from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The cost for prints is: $60.00. Please bring the following:
- Proper paperwork from the requesting entity.
- Drivers license or other government issued identification.
The cost for prints is: $60.00. We accept cash, credit cards, and checks for payment. If paying in cash, the exact amount is required.
Concealed Pistol Permit (CPL) Applicants
There is no Sheriff’s Office fee for prints, however you must bring your paperwork and receipt from the County Clerk’s office in order to be printed. (The County Clerk’s fee includes fingerprints.)