Freedom of Information Act
The Michigan Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was enacted in 1977 and it guarantees the right for the public to access public records of government bodies at all levels of government in Michigan. Any person other than incarcerated felons may request public records in Michigan using the forms on this web page.
The law does provide for exceptions whereby some records are not subject to disclosure.
Filing FOIA Requests
District Health Dept #10 (environmental, well, septic, etc.)
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DHD #10 Environmental Health Record Request (single residence or property)
- DHD #10 FOIA Request for Public Records (be sure to include property code number for each residence or property if requesting for more than one)
General County Records
Send to email@example.com
- Oceana County FOIA Policy Guidelines
- Oceana County FOIA Forms (only page 1 needs to be completed and submitted)
- Oceana County FOIA Public Summary