The Board of Commissioners is the governing body and the major policy approval center for county government. It is the legislative body with authority over most aspects of the county. Oceana County has a five-member board with each member elected for two-year terms. The Board has constitutional, statutory, and discretionary duties it performs. A few examples from these three categories are:
- Develop and adopt an annual balanced budget
- Monitor revenues and expenditures
- Perform an annual audit of financial systems
- Approve tax levies and a variety of equalization reports
- Set compensation for all elected officials, appointed officials, and employees
- Appoint a number of officials and/or citizens to various boards and commissions
- Establish management and personnel policies and procedures
- Provide for county participation in several multi-jurisdictional human service programs
- And many other duties not explicitly listed. Many of these other duties are carried out by an appointed County Administrator.
Unless otherwise noted, Oceana County Board of Commissioners meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month in the boardroom of the Oceana County Building located at 100 S. State Street, Hart, Michigan 49420. View upcoming board meetings.
The public is welcome to attend these board meetings in person, or by viewing them live or on demand via the Oceana County YouTube channel.
Board of Commissioners
Tim BeggsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Townships of Claybanks, Benona, Golden, and Pentwater
Phil MorseEmail: email@example.com Townships of Shelby and Ferry
Craig HardyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Hart City and townships of Hart and Elbridge
Paul EricksonEmail: email@example.com Townships of Weare, Crystal, Colfax, Leavitt, and Newfield
Robert WalkerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Townships of Grant, Otto, and Greenwood