Abandoned Vehicle Auction – Sealed Bid Only
Auction closes on Friday April 16th, 2021 at 4PM EST
All vehicles are sold “AS IS” and all bids are binding offers to purchase. Please refer to the below postings for all available information about each vehicle. Do not contact the Sheriff’s Office, nor the custodian, for vehicle information. Bidders may wish to inspect the vehicle at the storage facility during designated hours. This public auction of abandoned vehicles under MCL 257.252g is open to sealed bids only.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Sealed Bids will be accepted beginning April 2nd 2021, until April 16th, 2021 before 4:00 PM by walk-in.
All bids must be received prior to the auction closing time by the Oceana County Sheriff’s Office located at 216 E. Lincoln St, Hart, MI, 49420.
Sealed Bids are accepted by hand delivery in a sealed envelope during office hours. (Must be received prior to office close on April 16th, 2021 at 4:00pm)
The below vehicle is located at McGhan’s Towing at the address of 943 W Polk Rd., Hart, MI, 49420
Call 231-873-3265 to inspect the vehicle.
2010 Nissan Altima SL VIN: 1N4AL2AP2AN566142
2.5L 4 cyl., Automatic
Has key and was running/driving when towed from traffic stop . Owner failed to collect. Unknown mileage.
- “As Is:” The Vehicle is sold “as is” without any warranty of any kind and no representations are being made as to operational status or fitness for any purpose or use for any purpose or as to any characteristic of the Vehicle ANY SUCH WARRANTIES BEING EXPRESSLY WAIVED.
- Availability: If the previous owner retrieves the vehicle prior to the closing time of the auction, all bids on the vehicle become null and void.
- Payment Terms: The Purchaser must arrange for the receipt by OCSO of the bid price of the vehicle plus a $60 auction fee on or before 5:00 p.m. on the fifth (5th) business day after the Auction. Payment must be in cash or credit card. If a credit card is used, an additional charge will be assessed to pay for the credit card transaction. Fee structure is available on our website. Upon payment and presentation of government issued photo identification, OCSO will issue a written receipt and Bill of Sale.
- Pick up: The Purchaser must pick-up the Vehicle from the storage lot at which it is being stored after payment but within the same five business (5) days after the Auction. If the Vehicle is not picked up within this same five (5) day period, it will be considered abandoned under MCL §257.252a, and the Purchaser will be subject to a civil infraction, additional storage fees, a civil fine of $50 plus court costs and the Vehicle may be resold pursuant to of MCL §257.252(g). In addition to these remedies, OCSO may pursue the full purchase price of this Agreement, plus the $60 Auction fee in a court of law.
- Adherence to Legal Requirements: Purchaser will adhere to all legal requirements for operation of motor vehicles including license, registration and insurance.
- Merger and Modification: This represents the entire understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations or agreements, whether written or oral. This Agreement may be amended only by written instrument signed by the authorized representatives of the Purchaser and OCSO.
- Covenant: Other than an action to enforce the terms of this Agreement, Purchaser covenants not to sue Oceana County, OCSO, the Oceana County Sheriff or any employee or the towing company holding the vehicle.
- Execution: The Purchaser attests that he or she has the authority to bind the vendor by signature below.
- Valid bid requirements: Only properly completed official bid forms received prior to the auction closing time are valid. A properly completed bid must include all of the following: 1) Full legal name, date of birth, address, and phone number of the bidder; 2) Valid Email address to send bid receipt and winner notification; 3) Vehicle auction Ref#, Year, Make, and model matching the vehicle posted for sale; 4) Bid amount in United States currency clearly listed; 5) Signature of bidder agreeing to all terms and conditions herein.
- Determining winning bid: The highest valid bid for each vehicle is the winning bid. In the event more than one valid bid for the highest value are received, the first bid received is the winning bid. If the date of receipt is the same, the first bid opened is the winning bid.