CONTRACTOR PREQUALIFICATION POLICY
The purpose of this prequalification process is to develop and maintain a list of pre-qualified contractors to perform non-petitioned maintenance work on behalf of the Oceana County Drain Commissioner and the various drainage districts under the jurisdiction of the Drain Commissioner.
To be eligible to contract for non-petitioned drain maintenance that is not undergoing the bidding process, a contractor must submit an application to the Drain Commissioner, which at a minimum includes:
- Submission of a W-9
- Proof of Worker’s Compensation or Exemption
- List of Contractor’s Available Equipment
- Reference List
The Drain Commissioner shall have complete discretion in approving or denying an application based on the totality of the information provided in the application.
Upon approval of an application, the Contractor shall be placed on the PreQualified Contractor List, which shall be posted on the Drain Commissioner’s website.
A contractor may be removed from the Pre-Qualification List upon:
- Contractor’s request to be removed, or termination of a Contractor’s legal entity; or
- Contractor’s failure to sustain any of the above-required criteria evaluated in the application process.
- Drain Commissioner’s determination, at his/her sole discretion, that contractor has failed to demonstrate quality or timely performance of work under a contract with a drainage district or under any other contract for similar work.
*Please note that placement on the list does not guarantee a contractor will be selected to perform work. The Drain Commissioner sustains full discretion and authority to either bid non-petitioned maintenance work or to select any contractor from the prequalified list to perform said non-petitioned maintenance work.