Effective OCTOBER 1, 2016 in the State of Michigan
Regardless of the number of pages, all documents will cost $30.00 to record, this cost is inclusive of Michigan Remonumentation and Register of Deeds Automation fees.
- *$4.00 of this fee is deposited to the Michigan State Survey and Remonumentation(MSSR) fund.
- [The $4.00 MSSR fee is not assessed on Fixture Filings, State Liens, Federal Liens, MESC Liens, State Deeds, Plats or Tax Reversion Documents. MCLA 600.2567a(4)]
Assignment and Discharge Fees
For any document which assigns or discharges more than one instrument:
- $3.00 shall be added to the recording fee for each additional instrument so assigned or discharged.
Warranty Deeds – Land Contracts
A tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer’s Office prior to recording any of the following [MCLA 211.135]:
- Warranty Deed
- Any Deed which contains a covenant of warranty
- Land Contract
- Assignment of Land Contract with warranty clause
- Master Deed for Condominium
- $5.00 for up to 5 descriptions
- .20 per additional description over 5.
Copy and Search Fees
- Copy Fee
|Real Estate Record Copy||$1.00 per page|
- Certification Fee
|Fee for certification of any of the above copies. (To be eligible for certification, the document must be copied in its entirety.)||$5.00 per document|
- Fees for Filing and Indexing
|Financing Statement or Fixture Filing [MCL440.9525(1)]||$15.00|
- Fees for Searches and Copies
|Request for a search of the records including issuing a certificate describing each presently effective record filed concerning the debtor||N/A|
|Plus Per Page fee for copies requested|