Job Opportunity – Maintenance Supervisor
Position Description: Under the general direction of the County Administrator, oversees the daily operations of the maintenance department and supervises employees. Performs a variety of preventative maintenance and repair activities on county buildings and/or coordinates such activities with qualified independent contractors. Develops capital improvement budgets/plans and recommends specific improvements.
|Posted Date||Monday, March 30, 2020; updated April 23, 2020|
|Application Deadline||until position is filled|
|Position Availability||May 11, 2020 — may be postponed due to COVID-19|
|Current Salary||40 hrs/week; wage range $16.6152 – $21.5999 per hr|
|Fulltime; benefited position|
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and a good driving record.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. A working knowledge of preventive maintenance principles and practices related to basic building maintenance, electrical, plumbing and mechanical practices.
- At least one year of experience as a supervisor or team leader with hands on experience performing maintenance services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the daily operations of the maintenance department and supervises staff. Routinely inspects and performs regular maintenance for county buildings.
- Supervises, assigns, monitors work assignments for maintenance and custodial staff.
- Assists the County Administrator in establishing capital improvement goals, plans, and budgets. Develops and monitors the department’s annual operating budget.
- Develops, reviews and evaluates proposals for maintenance and related services. Consults and advises county departments and agencies in developing budget requests and proposals.
- Administers the department budget.
- Maintains inventory of maintenance and custodial products.
- Performs grounds keeping services for all county buildings including maintenance of parking lots.
- Must be available 24/7 for emergencies including delegating coverage to maintenance staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of managerial principles and practices and the safe use of equipment and products.
- Project planning, scheduling, and budgeting. Ability to monitor budgets.
- Ability to understand and implement state and county policies impacting the maintenance department (i.e., MI-OSHA, purchasing/bid).
- Exhibits a strong commitment to public service.
- Ability to communicate in writing to include proper usage of English, grammar, punctuation, spelling and business writing to prepare letters, memoranda, reports, and forms.
- Ability to communicate orally with individuals.
- Ability to accurately file documents and records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with county employees, elected and appointed officials, and the general public.
- Ability to operate a computer and software such as database, spreadsheets and word processing as needed to compile and analyze data.
- Ability to meet required deadlines.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
All interested parties should submit cover letter and resume to the following address:
Oceana County Administrator’s Office
Attn: Stacey Becker
100 S. State Street, Suite M-4, Hart, MI 49420
Or email to email@example.com