Job Opportunity: Accounting Clerk II
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the general direction of the County Treasurer, collects various revenues, balances collections, and issues dog licenses. Applies required changes to records related to boards of review and Michigan Tax Tribunal. Prepares short term tax bonds. Performs clerical office support including telephone, typing, filing, processing mail, preparing reports, and similar tasks. Provides supplemental front counter support by working with the public, attorneys, realtors, etc.
POSTED DATE: April 15, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2019
POSITION AVAILABILITY: May 6, 2019
CURRENT SALARY: 35 hours per week; $16.2894-$21.1764 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects various revenues, issues receipts, and balances revenues (i.e., delinquent taxes, dog licenses, etc.). Calculates delinquent taxes. Maintains the daily receipts ledger and related tasks. Receives and processes department transmittals, works regularly with current tax reports.
- Reconciles bank statements, calculates and disburses monthly investment earnings, periodically updates and distributes investment reports.
- Applies required changes to records related to boards of review and Michigan Tax Tribunal.
- Regularly disburses delinquent tax collections to townships and villages.
- Annually assists the County Treasurer with delinquent tax settlements with townships and villages.
- Trains township/village treasurers as needed.
- Provides clerical support including telephones, typing, filing, mail handling, working with the public, and similar tasks.
- Assists with the preparation of various reports, plans, and policies, as needed.
- Monitor bank accounts and deposits including electronic funds from various sources (i.e., State of Michigan). Disburses funds to various recipients (i.e., state, local units of government, schools, etc.) as needed in the absence of the chief deputy treasurer.
- High school or equivalent.
- Prefer 1-2 years of education in finance or accounting.
- At least six months of experience working in an office environment performing accounting type functions highly preferred.
All interested parties should submit cover letter and resume, with references,
to the following address:
Oceana County Administrator’s Office
Attn: Hannah Collins
100 S. State Street, Suite M-4, Hart, MI 49420
Or to firstname.lastname@example.org