May 7, 2019 Special Election
There will be an election held on May 7th at the Grant Township Hall in Rothbury that includes a proposal for Montague Area Public Schools. The only Oceana County voters that will vote in this election are those that pay taxes to that school district. If you are unsure if you qualify to vote in this election you can go to the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) and enter your information to find out your districts. The link to MVIC is:
Montague Area Public Schools
Sinking Fund Millage Proposal
Shall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property in Montague Area Public Schools, Muskegon and Oceana Counties, Michigan, be increased by and the board of education be authorized to levy not to exceed .8 mill ($0.80 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 10 years, 2019 to 2028, inclusive, to create a sinking fund for the purchase of real estate for sites for, and the construction or repair of, school buildings, for school security improvements, for the acquisition or upgrading of technology and all other purposes authorized by law; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2019 is approximately $283,992?
For questions and information about recent or upcoming elections, please contact the Oceana County Clerk’s Office (231) 873-4328.
Click on one of the links below to view election results.
- November 6, 2018 General Election – Registration and Turnout Report
- November 6, 2018 General Election – Results per Precinct
- August 7, 2018 Primary Election – Registration and Turnout Report
- August 7, 2018 Primary Election – Results per Precinct
- Federal and State – November 2016
- Federal and State – August 2016
- Federal and State – November 2014
- State Proposals – November 2014
- Federal and State – August 2014
- Federal and State – November 2012
- Federal and State – August 2012