County Service Building is currently “open”. We are in a locked building but are in the office Monday – Friday 8 – 12 & 1 -3:30. Call or email for a permit fee (particularly on Building).
There are a couple of options to get permits to us:
- Mail the permit, with all supporting paperwork and the fee payment to 844 Griswold St. Ste 200 Hart, MI 49420.
- Put all supporting paperwork and fee in an envelope, mark Building Insp on outside and place in drop box outside building.
- Ring the doorbell on the door frame or call us at 231-873-5355 and as long as no symptoms, no temperature and wearing a mask you can come in if you would like.
- Ring doorbell or call us at 231-873-5355 and we can come get everything from you at the door.
You can scroll to the bottom of this page for permit applications that can be completed and mailed with the payment or if you must come into the office please have your forms completed and copies of supporting documents in order to limit time, as we are allowed one person in at a time. If you need to come into office, please call us when you are in the parking lot at(231)873-5355. We will verify that you have no symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or diarrhea. You have had not close contact in last 14 days with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. You have not traveled on an airplane internationally or domestically in the last 14 days. YOU MUST have a mask on to enter the building and you must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED PERMIT APPLICATIONS.
Permit applications will not be accepted after 3:30 p.m.
MANDATORY on all permit applications are the site address, property/parcel id number and driving directions. Lack of these will result in the application being returned.
The Oceana County Building Department issues building permits for residential and commercial structures within the county.
Please find our building permit application and other important documents and resources below.
|2015 Michigan Residential Building||February 8, 2016|
|2015 Michigan Building||April 20, 2017|
|2015 Michigan Plumbing||April 20, 2017|
|2015 Michigan Mechanical||April 12, 2017|
|2014 Michigan Electrical (NEC and Part 8 Rules)||June 18, 2015|
|2015 International Fuel Gas||April 12, 2017|
Permit Application Expiration
An application for a permit for any proposed work shall be deemed to have been abandoned 180 days after the date of filing unless such application has been pursued in good faith or a permit has been issued; except that the building official is authorized to grant one or more extensions of time for additional periods not exceeding 180 days each. The extension shall be requested in writing and justifiable cause demonstrated.
An issued permit will be cancelled when no inspection is requested and conducted within 180 days of the date of issuance or the date of a previous inspection. Two individual (no fee) extensions can be granted when requested in writing. Once the extensions are used, a paid renewal will be required. Cancelled permits can’t be refunded or reinstated.
Newfield, Otto, and Grant Townships
- Contact Duane Cruzan at (231) 224-3960 for Newfield and Otto township permits.
- Contact Ron DeBrot at (231) 893-6336 for Grant Township building permits. The County issues electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits for Grant Township.