The U.S. Department of the Treasury has stated that the American Rescue Plan will provide needed relief to state, local, and Tribal governments to enable them to continue to support the public health response and lay the foundation for a strong and equitable economic recovery. In addition to helping these governments address the revenue losses they have experienced as a result of the crisis, it will help them cover the costs incurred [while] responding to the public health emergency and provide support for a recovery — including through assistance to households, small businesses and nonprofits, and aid to impacted industries.
Purpose of the Funding Advisory Committee
A five member funding advisory committee was established to identify eligible programs and projects from a variety of stakeholders and then to make recommendations for full or partial funding to the Oceana County Board of Commissioners.
How to Request Funding for Eligible Programs and Projects
Under Development: The advisory committee is currently developing the process and procedures that will be used by organizations to submit funding requests.
Committee Activities / Timeline
- May 11, 2021 – County Administrator completes the requirements for receiving the first allocation of funding from the American Rescue Plan
- May 19, 2021 – County receives 1 of 2 payments from the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury in the amount of $2,570,452 (the second payment of an equal amount will occur sometime in 2022)
- May 19, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- June 15, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- June, 21, 2021 – News release re: advisory committee established
- July 13, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- August 16, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
News and Resource Links
U.S. Department of the Treasury
National Association of Counties (NACo)