The U.S. Department of the Treasury has stated that the American Rescue Plan will provide needed relief to state, local, and Tribal governments to enable them to continue to support the public health response and lay the foundation for a strong and equitable economic recovery. In addition to helping these governments address the revenue losses they have experienced as a result of the crisis, it will help them cover the costs incurred [while] responding to the public health emergency and provide support for a recovery — including through assistance to households, small businesses and nonprofits, and aid to impacted industries.
Purpose of the Funding Advisory Committee
A five member funding advisory committee was established to identify eligible programs and projects from a variety of stakeholders and then to make recommendations for full or partial funding to the Oceana County Board of Commissioners.
How to Request Funding for Eligible Programs and Projects
Beginning April 1, 2022 and continuing through May 31, 2022, organizations may submit a funding request application to the advisory committee for review and possible funding for eligible projects. Eligible projects must be in compliance with the final rules published by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Each organization’s request for funding must be submitted using the Funding Request Form that is available by clicking on the link below:
The form is setup as an Adobe PDF fillable form or you may print it and fill it out manually. All of the necessary instructions are provided on the form including how to submit the form to the Oceana County Administrator’s Office.
A public notice will be published in one or more local newspapers including both print and online versions.
Organizations interested in submitting an application that may need additional time to prepare and submit a funding request, that would exceed the deadline of May 31, 2022, should send a Letter of Intent to Apply for Funding to the Oceana County Administrator’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 100 State Street, Hart, MI 49420.
The Letter of Intent to Apply for Funding must be on organizational letterhead and provide a brief description of the likely project that you will be requesting funding for. Additionally, as you finalize your request, you must submit the Funding Request Form no later than July 1, 2022 in order to receive any consideration by the advisory committee.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact the Oceana County Administrator’s Office at (231) 873-6701 or email@example.com.
Committee Activities / Timeline
- May 11, 2021 – County Administrator completes the requirements for receiving the first allocation of funding from the American Rescue Plan
- May 19, 2021 – County receives 1 of 2 payments from the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury in the amount of $2,570,452 (the second payment of an equal amount will occur sometime in 2022)
- May 19, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- June 15, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- June, 21, 2021 – News release re: advisory committee established
- July 13, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- August 16, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- September 13, 2021 – Advisory committee meeting
- October 29, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. – Advisory committee meeting
- November 15, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. – Advisory committee meeting
- December 7, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. – Advisory committee meeting via zoom
- January 11, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. – Advisory committee meeting
- February 8, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. – Advisory committee meeting
- Funding Request Applications accepted April 1, 2022 – May 31, 2022
News and Resource Links
U.S. Department of the Treasury
National Association of Counties (NACo)