Probate Court has jurisdiction over the following:
- Administration of estates of deceased persons
- Matters pertaining to trusts
- Cases pertaining to guardianships and conservatorships for incapacitated adults, minors, and individuals with developmental disabilities
- Petitions for the involuntary hospitalization and treatment of persons with mental illness
- Miscellaneous issues that include unpublicized marriages, delayed registration of foreign birth, and Drain Appeals
The Probate Court follows the rules outlined in the Estates and Protected Individuals Code (EPIC) that took effect on April 1, 2000, and the Michigan Mental Health Code.
Judges & Staff
Bradley G. Lambrix – Judge
Kristy Gifford – Oceana Probate Court Register
Oceana County Probate Court
100 S State St.
Hart, MI 49420