General Summary: 20 hours per week; expected starting wage of $13.65 per hour
Under the general direction of the Building Department Coordinator, works closely with the public, contractors, and local officials to process permit applications, receive and receipt fees, balance cash reports, perform banking functions, and related tasks to comply with all permitting requirements related to new and existing construction. More specifically, the individual hired will:
- Works closely with independent contractors hired to perform plan review, issuance of permits, and inspection of work performed.
- Assist permit applicants, calculate fees, process applications according to established procedures, receive and respond to correspondence from applicants, process and document citizen complaints.
- Performs data entry and maintains all electronic permit records in county software. Prepare various reports for use by departments as directed by the Coordinator.
- Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Collects monies, balances receipts and cash reports, and makes deposits. Performs other banking functions as required.
- Perform routine office tasks, phones, mail, scheduling.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled