Oceana County is accepting applications for Campground Host at the Black Lake Campground beginning with the May 1, 2017 – October 1, 2017 camping season. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
Black Lake County Park is located on 100 acres in Colfax Township. There are a total of 15 campsites (11 with electric, 3 rustic). The park provides great swimming and fishing, as well as a playground for children. Every campsite is equipped with a picnic table and fire ring for memorable family campfires and S’mores.
Camping rates are $10.00 per night for rustic sites and $15.00 per night for sites with electricity. Special rates are available for weekly, monthly, or seasonal stays.
Highly preferred that the campground host live onsite but other arrangements may be negotiable.
Period of Employment: May 1, 2017 to October 1, 2017
- Register guests and campers.
- Collect required fees and submit to the County Treasurer.
- Perform necessary janitorial duties (i.e., restrooms).
- Perform grounds keeping duties (i.e., lawn care, tree trimming, brush removal, fire rings).
- Attend monthly Parks and Recreation Commission Meetings.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the County Administrator and/or Parks and Recreation Commission.
Send letter of interest noting any past experience as well as a minimum of two personal references to:
Oceana County Building
100 State Street, Suite M-4
Hart, Michigan 49420
Telephone (231) 873-4835
Fax (231) 873-5914
Deadline for Applying:
Letters of interest and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Free Seasonal Campsite within the Campgrounds.
$135 for each instance of lawn mowing.
Mileage reimbursement to attend monthly meetings.
Other forms of compensation may be considered, depending on qualifications.