P.A. 451 NATURAL RESOURCES & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACTS OF 1994
PART 91 SOIL EROSION & SEDIMENTATION CONTROL ACT
GENERAL PERMIT REQUIREMENTS:
A permit is required for any building or earthchange within 500 feet of any body of water OR if you are disturbing an acre or more of land.
SOIL EROSION CONTROL MUST BE IN PLACE PRIOR EXCAVATION!
- Complete permit application (type or print clearly in ink)
- Submit Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan containing the following:
- a. Township zoning permit
- b. Location map with north arrow
- c. Topo map which will accurately show existing natural drain pattern
- d. Drainage arrows for on-site drainage
- e. All lakes, streams, wetlands, drains etc and distance from project
- f. Identify ultimate stormwater outlet
- g. Graphic location of erosion and sediment controls
- h. LIMITS OF EARTH DISRUPTION
- i. Provision for proper maintenance of erosion and sedimentation controls
- j. Security deposit and sequence of construction on larger projects
- k. DEQ permit if required (inland lake & stream, critical dune,shoreland protection)
- l. PERMITS MAY BE WAIVED ON PROJECTS UNDER 225 SQUARE FEET.
NOTE: Farmers working under agreement with the Soil Conservation Service are EXEMPT, PROVIDED they comply with the regulations of Act 451 of 1994 part 91. Normal tilling, planting and harvesting of agricultural and horticultural crops are exempt.
**IF AGENT IS OBTAINING PERMIT THEY MUST HAVE A LETTER FROM LANDOWNER APPOINTING THEM AGENT TO OBTAIN PERMITS. Download and Complete Letter of Authorization
IF WORK IS STARTED BEFORE PERMIT IS OBTAINED, FEE WILL BE DOUBLED.
Some permits may need to be reviewed in detail and may require up to 30 days before a permit is issued. Residential and minimum use permits usually can be issued after site review within a week.
We will be happy to assist you with any questions concerning this permit. Our office hours for issuing permits are:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Contact Oceana Soil Erosion Control Office at:
Oceana Drain Commission Office
Oceana County Courthouse
100 N . State Street
Hart, MI 49420
Phone: (231) 873-3887
Fax: (231) 873-9218