The Oceana County Board of Commissioners will hold a Special Meeting on Thursday, August 3, 2017 beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Board Conference Room located on the main floor of the County Building, Hart, Michigan.
There will be a Special Personnel, Licensing and Inspection Services Committee Meeting on Thursday, August 3, 2017 beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Board Conference Room located on the main floor of the County Building, Hart, Michigan.
General Summary: 20 hours per week; expected starting wage of $13.65 per hour
Under the general direction of the Building Department Coordinator, works closely with the public, contractors, and local officials to process permit applications, receive and receipt fees, balance cash reports, perform banking functions, and related tasks to comply with all permitting requirements related to new and existing construction. More specifically, the individual hired will:
- Works closely with independent contractors hired to perform plan review, issuance of permits, and inspection of work performed.
- Assist permit applicants, calculate fees, process applications according to established procedures, receive and respond to correspondence from applicants, process and document citizen complaints.
- Performs data entry and maintains all electronic permit records in county software. Prepare various reports for use by departments as directed by the Coordinator.
- Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Collects monies, balances receipts and cash reports, and makes deposits. Performs other banking functions as required.
- Perform routine office tasks, phones, mail, scheduling.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Oceana County is seeking bids for the provision of janitorial services at the County Building, 100 S. State Street, Hart, MI 49420 and County Annex Building, 314 S. State Street, Hart, MI 49420. Follow the link below for Bid specifications and other pertinent information.
The Friend of the Court, of the 27th Circuit Court in Oceana County, is accepting applications for the position of Senior Enforcement Officer. Under the supervision of the Friend of the Court, monitors and enforces compliance with court orders primarily relating to child support issues and bench warrants. Coordinates enforcement efforts and activities with law enforcement agencies. Conducts pre-hearing interviews with clients and/or attorneys on delinquent child support accounts. Attends sessions of the court relating to child support enforcement matters and responds to complaints regarding child support issues.
Education: Minimum job qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree. Prefer coursework in areas of behavioral sciences, communications, legal studies and/or criminal justice.
Experience: four years of experience in a court setting with client contact and case management responsibilities. Prefer experience in a Friend of the Court office providing domestic relations and/or support services.
Other Requirements: Valid Michigan driver’s license
Ability to successfully pass pre-employment “criminal history” and background investigation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 14, 2017 at 5:00pm.
To apply, send a cover letter and a resume to the following address:
Oceana County Friend of the Court
Attn: William Cummins
100 S. State St.
Hart, MI. 49420